Carmel Valley Homes For Sale
Native American Kumeyaay history within the area has been documented to 7,000 years ago, which was adjacent to a Kumeyaay village (Ahwel-Awa) west of El Camino Real near the San Dieguito River in North City at the time of European contact with the Spanish. The Portolá expedition in 1769, described it as “a large village… and many well built houses with grass roofs”. The village came under various names during Spanish rule, such as San Jacome De la Marca, La Poza de Ozuna, or San Dieguito (name for the region).
After the Mexican War of Independence, the area was known to locals as Cordero as land grants were distributed to rancheros to promote settlement and dispossessed many local Kumeyaay peoples of their rights to the land.
Carmel Valley is one of the newer neighborhoods of the City of San Diego, California. The community was formed by the City of San Diego on February 1, 1975. The construction later began in 1983 as farms were replaced by residential communities. Although the area was known locally as Carmel Valley, in 1974 the area was given the institutional name North City West in the master plan. The name Carmel Valley was adopted by residents in 1991 to replace the name.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.